Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Refuel ~ Refresh ~ Restore

Three powerful words that I hope represent this blog and the reasons behind it.

Refuel

Just like a car running out of gas, we need fuel or we will sputter out and end up on the side of life’s highway watching the world go by.

The fuel that I crave is eternal.
Give me life, give me words to live by.
That is what God’s Word is to everyone on the planet, if only we all understood and believed how much He loves us and wants to fill us with His life and joy.

Acts 2:28
You have made known to me the paths of life;
You will fill me with joy in Your presence.
NIV


That is some wonderful fuel, JOY.
The Bible also says that the joy of the Lord is our strength. I am so thankful that He also fuels us with strength. I need His strength, not just occasionally, but always.

Psalms 119:28
My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to Your word.
NIV

“Fuel” can also represent the coffee side of this blog. Coffee refuels me in a whole different way! And depending on what time of the day it is, I drink it leaded or unleaded.

I’m going to let you in on a little secret too…
I’m in the process of starting my own private label coffee,

“Praise and Coffee- COFFEE”
I will be giving it away in my monthly giveaways and offering it for sale to anyone interested.


I’m in the taste-testing process right now and choosing just the right blend for us.
I’m all hopped up these days and getting tons of stuff done around the house!

This coffee is so good, you are going to love it!
It should be available within the next few months.

Refresh


Jeremiah 31:25
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."
NIV

The Lord refreshes me when I am weak and tired or weary from the battle.
His word is a fresh rain on my thirsty heart.

Life can be hard, life can break your heart, but God is so faithful.

Acts 3:19
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord
NKJV

Refreshing comes with repentance and forgiveness.
That is what the cross is all about.
Bringing our empty lives to Him,
laying them down and choosing to live the life He’s called us to.

It will not always be easy. Thankfully, He never expects us to do it alone, and the dividends of joy, peace and love are worth more than anything this world has to offer!

I know so many people who just walk through their days existing.
Climbing the corporate ladder
or drowning their sorrows in a bottle.
What’s the point?
There is so much more to this life.
There is hope.
He offers us hope.
I pray that we would all take that hope.

Restore

Ah, that word even sounds peaceful doesn’t it?


It can be defined with words like:
To turn back
Deliver
(again)
Recover
Repair
Regenerate
Improve
Refresh
Relieve
And one of my favorites…RESCUE.

Have you ever seen a piece of old furniture that’s been restored?
It is beautiful.
I think it’s even more beautiful than in it’s original state, because now it has the marks and scars of it’s past days, yet it is restored to new glory.

There is something quite wonderful about the depth and character of something that is restored.
When that something is a someoneit is extraordinary!

I believe that God wants to restore those who need mending,
those who are lost,
those who need to be rescued,
and all of us who have scars.

My prayer and the “mission” of this blog is to be a place where people can find hope.
Hope and belief that God wants to refuel, refresh and restore all of us.
Thank you all for contributing so beautifully to this cause with your open and honest comments!
Much love,
Sue

41 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh that is beautiful. Gives me peace just to read it. What a wonderful mission for a blog and for life.

And, friend, you will be blessed as well, because "He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."
(Prov. 11:25)

Oh, and you know I'm all over that coffee aspect!! :-)

Praise and Coffee said...

Thanks Linda. I have to say, that even working on that post brought me to tears. It is such good new that He wants to refuel, refresh and restore us! And I believe that I've barely scratched the surface of how much He loves me (us).

My heart aches for those who search elsewhere.

Thanks!
Sue

AK said...

You have no idea how badly I needed to read that right now. I LOVE how the Lord uses us to encourage one another! I believe your blog has all of those things that you desire for it to. Thanks for being willing to be used by the Lord.

Anonymous said...

That is very exciting about the coffee - what a great idea!

I was just reading this week from CH Spurgeon, and what he wrote beautifully complements your post today. I've been thinking on it all weekend.

"Cheerfulness is the support of our strength... it acts as the remover of our difficulties... It is to our service what oil is to the wheels of a vehicle. Without oil, the axle soon grows hot and accidents occur.
If there is not a holy cheerfulness to our wheels, our spirits will be clogged with weariness...
Let us show the people of the world who think our religion is slavery that it is to us a delight and a joy. Let our gladness proclaim that we serve a good Master."

The joy of the Lord is truly our strength.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Praise and Coffee said...

Amy,
Thanks, I'm so glad. It is so cool when the body of Christ encourages one another!

Jennifer,
That is so cool. I love the way he writes, thanks for the input!
Sue

Cathy said...

That is a great post, Sue. And you are so smart to have your own brand of coffee! God is using you mightily through your blog.

Anonymous said...

Sue, great post!! When my dad died, I spent 8 months in my depression,The Lord took me in His arms and.....

Yes He did Refuel, Refresh, and Restore me. Oh how He loves us, we cannot comprehend the depth of His love. keep writing girl!!
God Bless.

Renna said...

I am so glad to have discovered your blog recently. I am thoroughly enjoying all the Word you share!

Masked Rabbit said...

I can honestly say that your blog truly does do all those things that you hope it will. I have been uplifted, challenged and given hope so many times through your many posts that I praise God for your wonderful way with words.
Thank you

Beth Cotell said...

What a beautiful post! So perfect to read first thing Sunday morning with my coffee. Thanks!

Fran said...

LOVE IT!! Did you know this is part of our title to our church's women's retreat later this month?!

Very cool.

Can't wait to hear more about the coffee. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings~
Fran

Susan said...

I love this:

"There is something quite wonderful about the depth and character of something that is restored.
When that something is a someone…it is extraordinary!"

That is ALL of us who KNOW our Jesus!!!!

So exciting about the coffee. I love it when I see people step out and do something neat!!!!
Susan

Mission Musings said...

I blogged over from 2nd Cup of Coffee, where your coffee blog name on a comment caught my eye.

Beautifully laid out and wonderful words of life.

Good for your for being a stay at home mom!

Oh, and I definately want to enter your coffee contest! How do I do it?!

Keep praising Jesus.

Praise and Coffee said...

Thanks everyone!
Fran, I did not know that, how cool.

Mission musings,
The giveaways start on the 1st of every month and then the drawing is on the 10th.

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Beautiful post! My favorite line-
"There is something quite wonderful about the depth and character of something that is restored.
When that something is a someone…it is extraordinary!"

Powerful! Powerful! Powerful!

And so very true.

Off to go answer some of the writing a book questions over at my blog. Thanks for posting a great question!!!

the mother of this lot said...

What a wonderful, inspiring post!
I feel refreshed just reading it!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Thanks for the wonderful reminder of God restoring us! Even though we have the scars of the past our beauty in Him is better then before! Can't wait for the coffee either! That is one reason I started coming to your blog, I loved the name. Anything with coffee in it. I love coffee and love it strong, so hey I would love to be a taste tester if you ever need outside help!

Denise said...

Awesome, so very awesome.

Stylin said...

I think my Sundays are my re-fueling days !
Church and bible study renew me !

Anonymous said...

RYC on the "just saying" I commented with... I meant it as you were more than just saying you were ministering and I thought it was awesome. I have yet to read today's post but I will when I can catch some time. Company is here so you know what that's like.

Praise and Coffee said...

edge of design,
*smile*
I sure wish we could "hear" eachother say some of these things! :) Now I get what you were saying.

Have fun with the company!
Sue

happygeek said...

For me you provide another R.
Remind. You remind me of what is important, what I really need to focus on and that I have a great Saviour who loves me.

Paula said...

I can totally relate to the piece of furniture being restored. I was a old scratched up table and God came into my life and made me shine.
Thanks for a great post!

Linda said...

Thank you for this word from the Lord. I know you posted yesterday but it was a timely word for me this morning.
Blessings,
Linda

Beach Girl said...

That was a great post; thank you. I'm in the midst of a move and coming off of a wild ride with my middle son. I'm burnt and beat, but in all that I see Him, restoring, refueling and refreshing me moment by moment.

Vanessa

concerned parent said...

I can’t wait to see the coffee and taste it how cool. Wonderful post I like the reference to restored furniture it so much better with the traces of the old life and the new life covering them, relatable.

Bren said...

This post has moved me to tears.

Thanks for being His mouthpiece!

Cindy Swanson said...

What a beautiful, appealing blog you have...and it looks like the content matches the exterior!

I just wanted to stop by and say "thanks" for your comment on my first Internet Cafe post. What an encouragement!

Denise C said...

Oh, Oh , Oh!! This is soooooo good! Often times I find myself being a prayer warrior on the restore end for many sweet people. I love to lift others up to our Father above, bombarding heaven on their behalf. This post reminds me to refuel and refresh myself so that I can BE EFFECTIVE!

Now back to that key word "BE"..... God has been nudging me lately to 'JUST BE' and stop "doing" all the time....(Can I get an AMEN, from all those 'Type A' sisters out there?????) I tend to try to "Do too much", to always say yes to anything and everything that is asked of me...... causing my life to be spread too thin...in some areas.... who suffers, you ask??? Mostly, my family! Gosh, they are the last people I want to suffer because I am trying to "do too much".
Thanks for the reminder to "Refuel, Refresh & Restore" myself so that I can continue to be effective for the Lord I love so deeply and the family HE so graciously blessed me with!
I come here to do just that..... all three...so YES, you are accomplishing all the you have set out to do.... GOD is using you in such a mighty way... and I am so very blessed each time I am here (which is everyday!!!)
Love to you my sweet friend!
p.s. Can't wait to get some of you *NEW* coffee! How exciting! You go girl!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Perfect post....just when I needed it most too!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Each and every time you put your fingers to the keyboard it is magic.

Only you could truly represent Refuel, Refresh, and Restore in a way that truly can bless and inspire others.

Your own coffee label??? My friend, is there anything you can't do? No...there is NOT! You are one determined, on fire, focused, and plowing ahead for God! You Go Girl!

I am honored to stand on the side lines cheering you on, singing your praises, and being blessed by your friendship!

You Go Girl!

xoxo,
Melissa

Kelly said...

I have been blessed discovering your blog!

Mary Lou said...

I've only been reading you a short time, but He has gifted you and you have refreshed me every time that I have read your blog. God bless you richly today....Mary Lou at dlowran1(at)comcast(dot)net.

Lisa Spence said...

A wonderful mission statement!

And I got my magnet in the mail today; thanks!

Blessings on your Monday!
Lisa

Sheri said...

Every time I visit your blog I am encouraged, inspired and motivated. Thanks so much for creating this blog and for sharing from your heart what God has placed there. You are touching many lives, and I'm thankful for the ways you've touched mine.

Gretchen said...

I will bookmark your site, because everytime I come, I am refueled, refreshed and restored. Praise God.

Susan Skitt said...

And you are living up to your mission wonderfully :)

Praise our God of hope, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Much love,
Susan

Living Beyond said...

I love your emphasis here and find myself being refreshed often when I come here. I hope 2008 is a wonderful year and many blessings lady!

sharon brobst said...

"Refuel~Refresh~Restore" when I read those three words I took a deep breath and thought "Oh Jesus YES!"

Sue your living up to your mission!

Aunt Angie said...

Sue, this totally blew me away! I NEEDED this tonight! After the day...(s) I have had (we all have)---this is why the Lord directed me here. My last stop before bed and devotions. Thanks for blessing me!

Victoria said...

Beautiful and convicting...thanks so much!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top