Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Fluff and other random happenings

Hello friends,
This week's posts have been so serious, I feel the need to post about nothingness. Kind of like a Praise and Coffee version of Seinfeld.

Don't worry, I will not be starting a new meme, "Friday Fluff" and posting a button with cotton candy on it for your sidebar!

So here's some randon thoughts about things going on around the Cramer household these days.

*** Did I tell you that I got a speeding ticket? Yup.
I haven't had a ticket in years, but this time he got me. It was the first time I was out of the house without Lauren in quite a while and I was feeling FREE!
The speed limit goes from 50mph down to 35...but I didn't.

He asks, "do you know why I pulled you over?"
Of course I knew, didn't he see me slam on my brakes?
Then, "do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "I think 50."
Him: "no, 47 but the speed limit is 35." (I would think that honesty here would have gotten me somewhere!)

It just went downhill from there. I wanted to tell him that I was without the 3 year old and feeling free, no limits! But I didn't think that would go over well.
I thought about breaking into the ugly cry, but really- I knew that I deserved a ticket.

You would think that would have helped me slow it down, but no.
I have had to slam on my brakes on that road 3 times since because I keep forgetting that the speed limit goes down there.
I don't have a problem speeding on the highway, but going 35 and below seems to be an issue for me. If I could just drive 50 mph everywhere I go, I'm sure I would never get a ticket.

*** I was at the doctor this week with my son and asked him about my arm (we tend to make one appointment and them bombard him with every problem we have). I have been having alot of pain in it and thought maybe I was getting carpal tunnel or something. He did a few little pain tests on me and said that I have tennis elbow.
Tennis elbow?!
I've never even picked up a racket.

What he meant to say is that I am 40, out of shape and strained a tendon while using a screwdriver to hang my new curtains.
For the love of donuts, can you believe it? There is really nothing I can do about it, but try to let it heal. Do you know when I feel it the worse? When I reach in the top of my fridge all the way to the back to get out my 2 gallon container of cream for my coffee. That hurts.
I guess I'll have to lay off the tennis for a while too.

*** Took Lauren to speech class the other day. She is still in the evaluation process. The teacher shows her pictures and asks her to say what they are.
The teacher shows her a duck and Lauren says, "dut."
The teacher shows her a cow and she says "moo."
The teacher shows her a candy bar and she makes the (sign language) sign for Meijer (our neighborhood grocery store).
This much she knows, if we are out of chocolate, it's off to Meijer we go.
Yes, I'm training her up in the way she should go...she should go to Meijer for chocolate.

*** After speech class we go to McDonalds for lunch (after stopping at Meijer because I remembered that we needed chocolate).
Lauren loves to play in the playland there.
My goal is get her through 3 bites of her chicken wrap and 10 french fries before the shoes come off. The best part about playland is the de-shoeing.

A couple other things note worthy...

*** On Monday, Mitt Romney called me 38 times. He wanted me to vote for him on Tuesday. That was thoughtful.

*** I noticed a few more gray hairs this week, and you know what that means. That's all I going to say about that.

*** Lauren STILL loves the movie Elf, so I listen to it everytime we are in the car as she watches her DVD. Because we can not see it, only hear it...15 year old daughter and I describe what is happening in all the scenes and then laugh hysterically.

That's about it for me, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
I love you, I'll call you in 5 minutes!

Sue

50 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

"For the love of donuts..." I love it!
I think after 38 calls you and Mitt should be on a first name basis. :) I thought I was pretty special when Ron Paul called me three times the other day. Guess not.

Susan said...

Laughed out loud at all of your randomness this morning!

Sweet Lauren...I love a girl who knows where to get the chocolate! Especially at her age.

However, I'm feeling slighted...Mitt didn't phone me. Not even once!

Hugs, bff Sue!

Lisa Spence said...

I love it! Funny stuff...although it did take me a minute to get the Elf quote there at the end! :-)

Amrita said...

Loved reading all this. have a good weekend

Keri Wyatt Kent said...

Sue
fun post. I actually play tennis and recommend some stretching for that elbow. Hold your arm out straight in front of you, point your fingers straight up, so your hand makes a right angle with your arm. Pull your fingers toward your face--gently!---with your other hand.
That, and I recommend chocolate. Although Ghiardelli dark! (do they sell that at Meier?)

Kelly said...

Thank you for sharing every life with us. Just like girlfriends!

Monkey Giggles said...

You crack me up. Thanks for the giggles this morning.

Brenda said...

OK--the very fact that you wrote about the sidebar button with cotton candy means that.....you thought about it. !

Also--I got tendinitis (sp?) in my wrist from....stapling. Obviously you and I live on the edge.

Terri said...

What a fun post!

concerned parent said...

wow does that make me miss you girl, I love that you took time to share with us. You go lauren who needs to know the name just where to buy it!

Mocha with Linda said...

What fun! It would be a blast to hang out a day with you!

My post today was pretty frivolous as well. Must be the cold weather!

Anonymous said...

It's been ages since I've "stopped over" and am so glad the whim struck today. It was good to hear the laughter in your words; I can almost hear your voice as I read and giggle. :) Debby

Debbie said...

I know what you mean about speeding!! I think my vehicle doesn't have 35!!! And my 16 yr old told a friend that is a cop that I flirt my way out of tickets!!!! Can you believe that????? I about died!!a

And chocolate, yeah Heidy knows about that too!! I love the randomness, my oldest daughter and I do that! Call and say ok Random thought and keep talking!!!

Debbie

Praise and Coffee said...

I'm starting to wonder if this should be an every Friday thing for me, it was quite therapeutic!

I'm also considering ending all my posts with, "I love you, I 'll call you in 5 minutes!"

Thanks for laughing with me! (At me)

Kimberly said...

Hi!
I keep seeing your comments at blogs I visit, so I decided to swing by your place! So glad I did!
We all need a little randomness!
Have a blessed weekend! Hmmm...for some reason I'm craving chocolate... :)
Kimberly

LadySnow said...

I love that she knows the sign for Meijer to get chocolate! My kind of girl. =) Smiling back at ya!

Anonymous said...

Elf....that is like my favorite movie right now! I actually spent an entire day at work answering my phone "Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?" LOL

Sidenote...I have caller ID on my phone at work - so, yes, I was selective about which calls I answered as "Buddy"!

38 calls from Mitt Romney? Wow, I just keep getting surveys from the Republican National Convention asking me to hate the liberal democrats and then send them money! LOL

Anonymous said...

Well mom I guess I didn't do anything funny enough this week to make the blog, guess I'll try to be more important and significantly funny in your life this week lol.

Denise said...

I love this post, really enjoyed it.

Praise and Coffee said...

Oh Matt,
I could probably fill a whole post with your adventures, but I'm not sure these girls would want to hear about them!

IF I do this next week, I guarantee that the "family tree" you did in your college class will be included!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

The whole time I am reading your post the song, "I CAN'T DRIVE 55" is screaming in the back of my head. Come on ladies, you know that you were too!!

Oh, and why can't you make a button on the side with cotton candy called FRIDAY FLUFF? I'd read it...oh, yeah, I guess I just did, huh?

I am SO proud of you for teaching all Lauren needs to know about Chocolate!!! You Go Girl!

Nope...didn't get the Elf quote at the end (long day and too much coffee) until I read what Lisa Writes wrote...I really thought you were gonna call me in 5 minutes, then I was like..."hum...is she talking to ME?"

Need to step away from my laptop, I think! ;)

xoxo,
Melissa

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

R-I-O-T!!! You are a hoot!

Thanks for making me laugh!!!

So, did you get a ticket??

Rhonda said...

Thanks for sharing the 'fluff'.

I think the button on the sidebar could really work!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue, this is just so funny and I bet I know where you received the ticket. I can't wait to see that little Lauren, when you talk about her I miss her so much, wish we lived closer. I think I want to hear about the "family tree" from Matt.

Love to all of you...

Heather C said...

Girl, you have my craaaaaaaaaaackin' up! I love your sense of humor! Mitt Romney's thoughtfulness made me laugh out loud :) I love getting little snippets into your day...

I'm with ya on the 50mph thing... I'd be fine if they'd just change all the limits!

Heather

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for the couraging and uplifting blog. I hope to get back here soon to read more.

Michelle

Alana said...

A little fluff is nice now and then. Even more so when it comes in th form of cotton candy.

Thoroughly enjoyed this post...especially the part about your daughter and the chocolate!!

Amelia Antwiler said...

*ROFL*
Loved it....
your first visit to speech therapy sounded much like ours.

Just had to let you know that you gave me quite the laugh. Thanks!!
I'll probably get tennis elbow from reaching for the chocolate. *L*

Anonymous said...

Oh, How I needed this laughter tonight!! You are a delight. My son has a very rambunctous friend over and I am hiding in the kitchen...where is that chocolate?

O dear, he has found me....

Paula said...

Sorry about the ticket. Oh well, we're all guilty of having a lead foot once in a while.
But on a positive note, at least be glad you only have a "Few"grays, I think I would be pure white if it wasn't for hair dye.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

"On Monday, Mitt Romney called me 38 times. He wanted me to vote for him on Tuesday. That was thoughtful." -- ROTFL and I thought I was the ONLY one special enough to get this many calls from presidential candidates. ;)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That was fun! But a speeding ticket? YOU? Bad girl. :-)

Fran said...

I truly love coming by here. I don't comment every time but you truly make me think and now laugh and smile with each visit.

You are a wonderful momma and thank you for sharing your Seinfeld version!

Hugs~
Fran

Anonymous said...

Okay, so now I'm curious about a Matt post! Looking forward to it. Go Matt!!!

Praise and Coffee said...

mob,
The gray hairs are "in addition to" the hair color, that's the trauma of it all!
:)

jessie,
Quick, get under the table!

Karen Hossink said...

Hey, I enjoyed the fluff!
Yeah, chocolate, milk, underwear, birthday cards, bicycle tires...a million reasons, a single store, right? I think more of our income goes to Meijer than any other single place. LOL

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Busy week! I haven't ever had a speeding ticket (knock on wood) but am so due to get one.

Susan said...

Fun read!!
Susan

A Stone Gatherer said...

Sounds like you had a busy week! Hey I only got called from Mitt twice. does that mean he doesn't value my vote?! Boy 38 times is crazy!!!!!

Praise and Coffee said...

It may not have been 38 calls...but there were a whole bunch!
:)

Ashley said...

I just loved this!! So funny and enjoyable to read. Make it a tradition please. :)

Nise' said...

Too funny, not that I am laughing cause you got a ticket! I guess my 15 calls mean Mitt likes you more than me. I call on my girl(daughter) every 3-4 weeks to cover my gray! Have a great weekend!

Denise C said...

Ok, I'm feeling left out....Mitt hasn't even called me once! lol!
Oops...a speeding ticket....I'll bet your kiddos are laughing! (if they know that is!) shhhhhh!! I won't tell!
As for the grey.... well I thought it was the "new blonde"! I sure hope so anyway! ( I get my "fix" every 6 weeks!)
Hope you weekend is blessed beyond measure, my friend!

Holly said...

I do love donuts, but only if I am in Florida and only if they are Krispy Kremes :)

But I do not like syrup on my spaghetti! Smiling IS my favorite, though!

Love you friend!!
Holly

Anonymous said...

What a great down to earth post!! You do crack me up:)

Susan Skitt said...

Oh my, what is it about hitting forty? (years old that is)

And I can identify with the speed trap issue. In the last five years I've been pegged twice going fifty after it quickly changed to 35. Guilty as charged... only those "points" hurt. Ouch. I've been trying to pay a little more attention to those road signs :)

Christi S said...

I had to laugh out loud that Mitt Romney called you 38 times to ask for your vote, and I find it even more hilarious that you referred to it as thoughtful! I'm still giggling! In fact, I think I will have to tell my husband about it when he gets home!

Dionna said...

I totally loved your "fluff" post! It's life and we can all relate. :)

Ally said...

I loved this post! It was so much fun to catch up with you in such a relaxed and humourous way! I really enjoyed it... still waiting for your call...5 minutes is such a long time..hahahah! Must be the distance in miles that affects it!!!! I actually like the Friday fluff idea... hmmmmmmmmm cotton candy hahahah

Kelli said...

Hahahaha. I LOVE the speech therapy lessons. Just love them. Hahaha. Signing "Meijer" for chocolate...LOL. I would have keeled over in laugher as her therapist! I always have a hard time keeping a straight face with my cuties. The little ones always make me laugh, but this year, one of my older kiddos took the cake:

3rd Grade girl to me, about favorite "things" (collected during a language sample):

(insert hair flip and oh-so-drama girl talk)

"So, my sister's favorite is Ariel, but mine is Cinderella because she is SOOO famous."

Loving your blog!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top