Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day After

I have been praying about what to write today. Am I disappointed? You betcha. :)
But, is there peace in my heart? Of course.

The pillars of this world are not the pillars of God’s Kingdom. It is laughable to imagine that this could negatively affect what God wants to do in this world.

Daniel 2:21
And He changes the times and the seasons;
He removes kings and raises up kings;
NKJV

God has a plan and though we may not see what is going on, we are to live by faith and not be sight.
2 Cor 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.
NIV


If we are trusting in Him, there will be peace in our hearts.
If not, there will be fear.

Ps 112:6-7
6 Surely he will never be shaken;
a righteous man will be remembered forever.
7 He will have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
NIV


We can not fall apart now, this is the time to rise up and be the body of Christ with great boldness- motivated by love.

This is an example of Godly men facing persecution:
Acts 4:31
31 After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken.

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
NIV


I admit, initially I had a knot in my belly, much like the way it felt the day after 9/11. But, I also knew this was coming. Weeks ago Mark and I discussed that he would win. I think the Lord showed that to many of us so that we would prepare our hearts.

Think of how Jesus’ words have come alive this past year…

Matt 7:13-20
13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

I thought of that every time I saw the great masses of people gathered together looking for hope.

And then read what it goes on to say:

15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
NIV


I have been amazed at the people deceived by smooth words though this election. But, if we don’t know what the Lord calls good fruit and bad fruit- how would we recognize it? That’s the nature of deception, you don’t realize that you are being fooled.

One thing that we HAVE to remember today, is that MAN is not our enemy.
Eph 6:12
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
NKJV


Being angry with a man or an establishment will only serve to set us off course and keep us from God’s purposes.

We battle on our knees and with the love in our hearts for God. We serve those around us- that’s how we become victorious in this.

Our God has not changed. And I have the feeling, we are about to see Him show up on the scene and do great and mighty things!
He is our LIVING hope!

Rev 1:17-18
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
NIV

42 comments:

Shari said...

Thank you, I needed that wonderful encouragement.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Very well said. I too, was disappointed, but trust completely in God's sovereignty to work all things for His glory and our good.

Xandra

day by day said...

Thank-you, so much! I really needed to hear all of that! I went to bed early last night..not knowing the outcome for sure, but knowing it was not looking good. I was actually too fearful to turn the tv on and see what I knew had happened. I am glad that God lead me to this post first. Thanks again!

A Stone Gatherer said...

AMEN AND AMEN!

happyhome said...

I needed this encouragement this morning Sue. I awoke hoping it was all a bad dream...sigh. God IS still in control.

concerned parent said...

Yes, Amen. I felt the same way today as I tried to convey how I felt about who won to Brooke today she just did not get it at 8 who could.
I know God is in charge and he has placed the ones he needed in their places at this time.
Trust in Him all the time! Very needed words at this time of change.

Just Mom said...

"Being angry with a man or an establishment will only serve to set us off course and keep us from God’s purposes."

Absolutely.

Christy said...

What words of encouragement and hope.

I too, was very disappointed by the outcome of this election. l CAN and WILL continue to place my hope and faith in Jesus. I love how you said that, "The pillars of this world are not the pillars of God's kingdom."

God does not change and He is in control. What an opportunity we have as believers to unite and stand together in prayer for our country and our next President. God alone can do great and mighty things!

Anonymous said...

Sue, thank you. I emailed you.
Blessings,
Miriam <><

Monkey Giggles said...

To me it simply means as a Christian I need to stand up and be heard loud and clear.

I have been twitter this.

Remember, The king's heart is in the Lord's hands and He turns it wither so ever He pleases

My trust is in Jesus not man.

Anonymous said...

Mornin' Sue
God does tell us He causes "ALL THINGS" for good!
Perhaps, just perhaps, this is the motivation some folks need to recognize they too can succeed no matter their circumstances with the right drive!
Of course I would pray that drive be from God's will, but hey it starts with drive to be better ~ hummm....is God planning a USA come back??!!!through His children here now??!!!
Has not morality woke up? Obama brought something like 6 million new voters to the election and McCain, out-manned, under-funded, stayed on his heels in the popular vote! That's hope!

MJ said...

I knew I would feel much more encouraged this morning coming here! :) I was very disappointed last night and just felt bad this morning. I was focusing on the outcome of the election, not where my focus needs to be...on God.

Jill V. said...

Thanks for the encouragment, Sue! I didn't sleep well and have much anxiety about how this will play out. God IS STILL GOD....On His Throne! Thank you.

Lalycairn said...

Thank you. I told my 11 year old last night, when she jokingly asked if we were moving to Canada, "NO!, We're staying here to pray for him." :)

I sent your site to my Mom. Hopefully it will encourage her as well, and point her in a better direction than she is going in right now. :)

Mary Lou said...

I knew you would have encouraging words to say on the outcome. I agree with everything you said. God puts men in power and He alone and He takes them out. We, as The church need to stand united and be on our knees and focus on Him. We need to be alert to all that is going on around us and be the salt and light that Jesus needs to further His kingdom. We have the hope...we know the end of the story. We can be at peace...our answers are not in DC, no matter who is president. Jesus is the only answer. Keep on posting and pointing us to Him.

Susan May said...

Thanks for this blog. Your post today really helped me to re-direct my thoughts. They were life-giving words and I appreciate them very much.

Amrita said...

God is not the throne.

Keep fighting the good fight for righteousness.

Trish D said...

Well said!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Resting in HIS answer. Cried last night.

Roo said...

amen my friend! when the darkness gets darker -- the light gets brighter!!

we have a hope...and He will not disapoint!

for so many years....we have been crying out for revival...crying outfor change in the church. we have looked so much like the world it was hard to tell the difference. it seems like God is answering that prayer...though not always how we imagined. His ways are perfect.

they say in the far north "ali ana liq malay" -- translated it means "THE BEST IS YET TO COME"

maranatha!

Praise and Coffee said...

I agree Ruth!

Kim said...

Praying alongside you....

Jenifer said...

Praising the Lord today! He is in control.

Blessings,
Jenifer

Tim said...

I was awakened last night by a phone call after the election was called. My stomach turned and I had a fitful sleep from then on. Yet, as I posted two days ago, God is still on the throne.

I love a good challenge and I will pray for soon-to-be President Obama daily. God did not even shift on this throne by the outcome. He has seen it all before.

God is still God, and even those who cannot see that, may come to appreciate it later.

God bless.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

what a wonderful dig into scripture!! thank you!!! Love, Leigh

Smelling Coffee said...

How true you are! I think that the lord is speaking and teaching the same truth to all of us who are asking, and He is preparing us to shine brightly in a quickly darkening world.

Thanks for keeping these truths in front of our eyes. His Word is everything!

Debbie Petras said...

The verse that kept coming to me this morning was Psalm 20:7 "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

I felt sad but I know that God is sovereign. This didn't take Him by surprise.

I live minutes away from where John McCain gave his concession speech. I wanted to run over there to offer support but it was too late.

Anonymous said...

I am not disappointed, though this was not my vote cast. I am trusting and encouraged and thankful for a nation that is drawing together. I do hope for change, and pray that we will be part of that change. Love your post and your thoughts.

Ginger said...

Hi Sue,

Well said! At this point we must pray for our new leader and ask God to lead, guide and direct him. We must pray that he will put his trust in the Lord in whatever decisions he faces. I love these verses from Proverbs.

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Ginger :)

Laura L. said...

Thank you so much for these wonderful words of encouragement.
Prasing God that our hope IS in Him and only Him. :)
May God bless you.

Sherrylinn said...

All I can say is "Amen!". My hubby and I discussed almost the same things over the past month. Stand strong in the LORD!

heidi said...

I happened over to your blog via Tucked Inside My Heart...not even sure why I clicked but the Lord knew I needed to hear your words today...thank you!!! I've found some rest through your sharing of His word!!

Sheila said...

Thank you Sue, I really needed to be reminded of that. I know that God has appointed Obama to the presidency, yet I found myself with knots in my belly and fear of what is to come.

We as Christians need to keep diligently praying for this country and for it's leaders.

"We battle on our knees and with the love in our hearts for God" Amen!

Praise and Coffee said...

You all have been such an encouragment to me. I love your hearts! Thank you all for leaving such great comments and for being so real with everyone.

Much love,
Sue

Rhonda said...

Very well said Sue. My heart really goes out to you. Even though I'm Canadian, we're affected by this too.

Tammy said...

I also so needed to read this...
24 hrs after the election. My heart has been heavy all day, but I've been praying.
Yet, this gives such a fresh perspective and a renewed hope...something I so needed!
God bless!

Cathy said...

A great post, Sue, thank you ~

Deidre said...

We're disappointed too, but trusting God with His plan :)

I am the Clay said...

Amen and Amen!! What a great post!! Thank you for pointing us to the word of God!

Praising Him,
gloria

Susan Skitt said...

Sue, my sentiments EXACTLY!

In fact, I am going to link people to this article.

Thank you my friend. God is in control, we have no need to worry or to fear!

Maxine said...

Wonderful, wonderful post. Wonderful wonderful Scriptures. I think I'll copy and paste them and print them out to meditate on. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

No matter who won on Tuesday, our responsibility would have been the same... to pray for the new president-elect and our government as a whole. During the campaign, both men said that they know God. We need to pray that the one who will take office on 1/20 will not only pray to Jesus, but hear and obey when he answers.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top