Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, July 10, 2009

What's been your struggle?

I read one time that wisdom is:
"Making decisions today that I'll be glad about tomorrow."

I like that. It's simple and true.
I wish I would follow it more often though!

So often I feel like Paul when he says:
Rom 7:14
I don't understand myself at all,
for I really want to do what is right,
but I don't do it.
Instead, I do the very thing I hate.
NLT
I was reading Romans chapters 7 & 8 this morning and they are such a wonderful reminder of the fact that we can't live for God-without God.

We need Him and His Spirit to help us live this life. Our natural desires are sinful, they rush to sin, but if we belong to God we can rely on the Holy Spirit to help us in these weaknesses.

I encourage you to read those chapters if you are struggling with sin- and who among us is not?!

Romans 7 is a heavy read...but hold on because Romans 8 brings us hope. I re-wrote verses 9-14 into a confession/prayer using the word "I" in the place of "you." I was going to post it, but I think it would be much more effective if you did it yourself.

So, what's been your struggle??
It doesn't matter what the sin you stuggle with is...He already knows about it- in fact He's been talking to you about it (because He loves you so much), so why not choose today to address it.

Wisdom will make choices today that you will be glad you did tomorrow.

7 comments:

Mel said...

That is a simple yet powerful statement about wisdom...

HisFireFly said...

Thank you for this. It's encouraging when we remember just how much Paul struggled. It's our sinful nature and we are NOT alone, but God desires to transform us. Have Your way Lord.

Denise said...

We went thru Romans last summer in Sunday school and it was a study I just couldn't get enough of. I'll be sure to dig out my Bible and read that as a confession like you suggested. Heavy subject to think on and I am glad you posted it!

Karen said...

Wonderful post! Isn't God's love amazing? He loves us - faults and all. I am so thankful for the reminder found in Romans 8:1-2 which says "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." Hallelujah to that. We can have such struggles sometimes with this body of flesh. I am just so thankful that I have the Lord to help me grow and mature in Him and that I can seek forgiveness and He forgives me.

Thanks for sharing this post with us.

Have a great day!
Karen

{LyndsD} said...

I can't wait to read and study those chapters!! THANK YOU... You have NO idea how bad I needed this this morning.

God Bless!!

Christine said...

Why is it that something so simple like "Making decisions today that I'll be glad about tomorrow." is so hard to live daily?! Then I read on and am reminded that who could of been closer to Jesus then the Apostles and even they struggled daily.... and even reminding us to buffet ourselves daily as Paul had to as well.


Gods word can keep us from sin or sin can keep us from God's word....I guess it really is our choice. We really do serve and Awesome God!


Thanks for sharing =O)

Rose said...

Paul was truly an amazing person~an apostle because he had seen the risen Jesus. Paul went through so much~his mind was so strong because it was so focused on our Lord. Like Paul I struggle everyday to stay focused on Jesus and the glory I can give Him and not my selfish desires. Paul was tough~he was almost stoned, flogged, put under house arrest, prison with a Roman soldier on him day and night. I think that if he was not under house arrest and prison for so many years we would have never had his beautiful letters. So, God took something awful and turned it into good. God bless, Rose

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top