Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, July 10, 2008

July Winner and my thoughts on love...

The July winner of Praise and Coffee is:
Alexia!
Congrats Alexia, email me your home address
and I will send out your coffee and CD!!

*****************

I have been thinking alot about walking in love lately. Maybe it's because I'm being challenged in this area right now.

The Word of God says:
1 Cor 13:1-3
13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.


2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
NIV

It seems that no matter what I do...if I don't walk in love, it is all for nothing.

Even if I speak with words that pierce people's heart and sound like the angels themselves speaking, it matters not -unless I walk in love.

Even if I am flowing with wise words and my faith changes my life and those around me, it matters not unless I walk in love.

Even if I give of my life like Mother Teresa, and am willing to sacrifice my life for others, it matters not unless I walk in love.

If I truly want to honor the Lord with my life, it will be one that is marked by my love for people.

Here's what God says that looks like:
1 Cor 13:4-7
4 Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.
5 It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects,
always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
NIV

1 Cor 16:13-14
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith;

be men of courage; be strong.
14 Do everything in love.
NIV

Gal 5:14-15
14 The entire law is summed up in a single command:
"Love your neighbor as yourself."
15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other,
watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
NIV

This really hits me. I've got a long way to go. It humbles me.

This one really gets me too:
1 Peter 4:7-8
7 The end of all things is near.
Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled
so that you can pray.
8 Above all, love each other deeply,
because love covers over a multitude of sins.
NIV

Above ALL???
In other words- this is more important than anything else you do. Wow.

But God, do you SEE these people you are asking me to love???
Do you see what they are doing???
Really?

1 John 2:5-6
5 But if anyone obeys His word,
God's love is truly made complete in him.
This is how we know we are in Him:
6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
NIV

This is how we know we are in Him...in other words-
my reputation should be-more than anything else- that I love people.
Oh, how I want that.

God's Word is life.
Let's meditate on it and see how the Lord would have us love deeply and completely.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, love isn't selective is it?!

Praise and Coffee said...

No, but sometimes I have been.

LadySnow said...

Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us and...congrats to the winner. :D

Kim said...

I love this blog--i found it through another blog and it is so inviting. God's unconditional love amazes me every day!! God bless you as you minister through this page!!
Kim

Monkey Giggles said...

Sue, wow...thank you this. I have been guilty at times.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Sue,

That's a HARD one, isn't it? Especially when you and I have seen the "inside" and know what's going on behind "Oz's curtain".

Oh yeah, we are SUPPOSED to love them too...yep, that's a hard one, but Jesus NEVER said it would be easy, now did He?

Thanks for always challenging us with a good word, and always from the GOOD WORD itself.

Melissa

PS - Congrats to the WINNER!!! Hey, don't forget, I have a Mel's World Summer Give Away going on until July 15th for a Phil 4:7 notepad/pen and $5 Starbuck's Card.

Roo said...

did you read my mail??? i think this post was written just for me....

Praise and Coffee said...

Ruth,
I am so happy for you, I can hardly stand it!!
Hugs and congratulations on your new little one.
Sue

mariel said...

great reminder...thanks for sharing this!

Michelle said...

Thanks, I needed this today soooo much!!

Michelle

Lysa TerKeurst said...

This was great Sue...

I have to decide to love sometimes and then let the feelings catch up with my decision.

Thanks for this beautiful reminder.

Denise C said...

Beautiful post!!! Thank you for sharing your precious heart once again! You bless me each time I visit!!!
Love and prayers,
Denise C

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top