Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Fluff and other random happenings


I know, I know I've been kind of quiet lately. I'm trying to get better, still struggling with strep throat and now on my 2nd antibiotic. I've been so tired, I've hardly done any writing.


So here's some ramblings....


I hope you are enjoying your Christmas season. I know it can be so stressful. This year I chose to lighten the load of the holidays. Our family has decided that Christmas has been way overdone and under appreciated, so we are only buying gifts for the kids and plan to emphasize the importance of family and being together.


Also, this is the first year that I have not sent Christmas cards in 21 years!! I feel a little guilty about it, but couldn't get the kids together for a picture. I have to admit though, it really took a load of work off my plate.

So if you didn't get a card from me...you weren't snubbed...technically I snubbed everyone!

But I still love ya!


*************


Matt is coming home today...providing his planes get through these storms! It will be good to have the family together again- maybe I'll get a picture this time!


*************


This past Saturday I went to a Kennedy girls get together.
Evidently I am a shirt-tail relation to the Kennedy's.

We tried to nail down exactly how we were related to the Kennedy's of Camelot but no one was real sure. Grandma's last name was Kennedy and the fact that one of the Aunt's was rumored to have a very large portrait of JFK in her home seems to be the proof that there are a few drops of Kennedy blood corsing through our veins.

This got me thinking. Maybe I could re-invent the Kennedy name. A conservative, God-fearing Kennedy.

I'm thinking..."The New Kennedy"
or "Kennedy 2.0"
Or maybe "The Softer Side of Kennedy"

But how would that work? Would I change my name? Susan Kennedy-Cramer?
Now that Caroline is looking for a Senate seat in New York, I could be her counter part over her in Michigan.

On second thought, Michigan has some really serious issues these days. Jobs, the big 3 and do I really want to represent a state that looks like a mitten?

I'm just not sure politics is my thing. I think I'll just stick to blogging and skip the whole name change.


******************


I hope you have a wonderful weekend, I'm sure many of you will be gathering with friends and family. I think this year especially has caused us all to re-think our priorities and place value on what is truly important.
Mark 12:30-31
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these.
NIV

Love God, love your family and friends. That's what matters.


Much love,
Sue

8 comments:

Zaankali said...

Wow! I have hugged a Kennedy. I am hanging on to that one and planning on where I can use it. LOL!
I hope your son gets home safely today.
Smiles!

Norma said...

Hope you continue to get well..
We will be praying for Matt's safe flight.
You know your house will be full of jokes and laughs with him home at Christmas. I understand about the cards, I quess I snubbed you too..:0)time flew by this year!

Love ya & Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I pray that you will feel better and Matt has a safe trip home for a very Merry Christmas!
I would vote for you and not for a liberal. Wouldn't it be wonderful if their hearts changed for the unborn? I believe the Lord has you right where He wants you.
Merry Christmas, Sue and family!
Miriam :)

Susan Skitt said...

I hear you about how long those Christmas cards take to get out!

I liked reading your Friday Fluff :) Representing a state that looks like a mitten - too funny!

Were keeping it simple too this Christmas. I'm looking forward to that!

Blessings and Joy - Jesus is our joy, Amen?

Anonymous said...

Praying for a safe trip home for Matt and that you will be completely well to enjoy your time with your family.

Susan said...

Hey Sue,

Just stopping by to say hi! I'm sorry you were sick.

STREP, NO FUN...

Blessings to you this holiday season♥

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Ah yes, Christmas cards. Mine found the postal slot on Friday. It was touch and go whether or not they'd get out at all this year.

Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
Susan :)

Anonymous said...

So hoping and praying that you are feeling better. I have been battling junk for way too long and I can feel for you as well.

As for the mitten thing. I love our mitten state. Who else has a state that is so cute to show people where you live by showing them your hand?

Enjoy your family and your Christmas!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top