Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Are We Living FOR God or WITH God?

Summer's busy isn't it girls?!

I have been doing something every day and having a great summer but I don't think I've ever had a busier one.

I'm thankful that I do have a few mini vacations coming up and I will enjoy them thoroughly.
Beach time, family time...can't wait!

I have had it on my heart to remind you (and myself) that through everything you are walking right now...you are loved.

If you are busy or bored, or troubled and scared.
You are loved.

He is walking right alongside you and willing to carry you when needed.

There is so much said about grace today and I'm reading several books on the grace of God. All different authors and reflections on the subject.

There is so much to learn...and I think that the more I learn, the more I realize ....I barely know anything.

I used to think I had life and God all figured out but now I see that I've only seen glimpses of who He is and there is so much more to understand about His character and His love.

So much of my own life has been spent in church ministry that naturally compels us to try and help others know "how to live"

But now I think and feel that the point is not "how" to live but WHO to live and walk WITH.


Rom 4:13-14
13 It is clear, then, that God's promise to give the whole earth to Abraham and his descendants was not based on obedience to God's law, but on the new relationship with God that comes by faith.
NLT


NOT based on law or our "performance"

And then there's this about relationship:


Rom 5:6-11

6 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.



7 Now, no one is likely to die for a good person, though someone might be willing to die for a person who is especially good.



8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.



9 And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's judgment.



10 For since we were restored to friendship with God by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be delivered from eternal punishment by his life.



11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God--all because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us in making us friends of God. NLT


Powerful words to chew on!

I have spent so much time trying to help others live FOR God but now I feel such an emphasis on sharing how to live WITH God.

Relationship with Him is what brings healing, hope and freedom.

I pray that you also will feel drawn to the message of God's love and grace and let Him show you the peace that He brings through it.

Have a great summer girlfriends!!
I'll be around when I can.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top