Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, December 26, 2008

In a crowd? Want to get people's attention?

Touch the hem of His garment, they will all take notice.

Luke 8:42-48
As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him.


43 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her.

44 She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.

45 "Who touched me?" Jesus asked.
When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you."


46 But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."

47 Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed.

48 Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."
NIV


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I'm over from Twitter. :) I have a Luke post up, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Hope your Christmas was wonderful!
I wanted to let you know that I put your "Two Shall be One" Tuesdays tag on my blog. I hope even more women will come over to your blog :)
Miriam

Anonymous said...

I love the humanity Jesus displays in this scene. "I know that power has gone out from me." Fully God to have the power to heal her, but fully man in that His omnipotence was limited while He was in human form.

Amazing to me that He would even take on human form at all.

beckyjomama said...

My absolute fave story! I was that woman 8 years ago, and He healed me as only He can!

Praise Him!

LA Nickers said...

Merry Christmas!

I invite you to join us on our year-long journey, as we read the Bible in 2009.

Blessings,
Linda

HEART OF A READY WRITER – Bible reading and devotional

Norma said...

One of my favorite stories..Her faith and despiration for a healing made her "press thru" the crowd..Sometimes we need to press thru the crowd ourselves...Great posting Sue. Hope you had a great Christmas:0)

Christina said...

Great post. I like the song Touch them hem of his garment and I really love when Nicole C. Mullen performs it. It always brings tears to my eyes.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top