Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

HE... Sets the Stars in the Sky!


This is in the news today:

Scientists have detected a stellar explosion that is the brightest and most energetic ever recorded,

"Of all exploding stars ever observed, this was the king," said Alex Filippenko of the University of California, Berkeley.


Heb 11:3
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command,
NIV


Scientists think SN 2006gy could be a sign of things to come in our own galaxy. Eta Carinae, the most luminous star in our Milky Way, is located some 7,000 light-years away and seems poised to undergo its own explosion at any moment.

"This could happen tomorrow or it could happen 1,000 years from now," said Mario Livio of the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, who was not involved in the research.



It always gets me when people who do not know our Creator try to talk intelligently about His creation. It must be so perplexing for them to intensely study this world and its elements and yet deny the existence of the very One who made it all.

There will come a day when all will see and understand what is “really going on here.”
I look forward to that day!


Isaiah 45:22-24
22 "Turn to me and be saved,
all you ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is no other.
23 By myself I have sworn,
my mouth has uttered in all integrity
a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow;
by me every tongue will swear.
24 They will say of me, 'In the LORD alone
are righteousness and strength.'"
NIV


We are not surprised at these signs:
Luke 21:25
25 "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars.
NIV


It is exciting to hear these things because we know that God is in control.
One day there will be a bigger light show than any of us could ever dream or think of!


Matt 24:29-31
"'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'
30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky,
and all the nations of the earth will mourn.
They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky,
with power and great glory.
NIV


Here is what we are called to do in the mean time:
1 Thess 5:6
6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled.

1 Thess 5:9-11
9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.
11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
NIV

6 comments:

Jen said...

GOD IS INCREDIBLE!!!

I love blogging for the very reason you spoke of at the end of your post...the building up of one another.
I know God is using this simple...seemingly "frivolous" tool to bring encouragement to those we would have no other form of contact with. I have repeatedly been encouraged in the most unexpected ways. He is truly awesome.

Rhonda said...

Very cool. My husband and I had a conversation with our son yesterday after school. He's 15 and in grade 10. The students at high school are taught about global warming and they get all revved up about it. Our son was offering his Christian view to some friends. It's crazy how upset the kids have become about the issues. I love it when our Youth get opportunities to share Truth.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I saw this on the news but I caught the tail end of it.
How awesome is our God?
How limitless the creation He has formed. I heard them say that this explosion took place many years ago but we are just seeing it. Can you even begin to imagine how huge the universe is?
And they want to try and find evidence of Heaven?
They will have to get their hearts involved before they find that.

concerned parent said...

Very good today as always! I get a kick out of how scientists try to explain space. I like the changes to your site.

Holly said...

Ohhh I love the heart of God and His purposes are for our good! Thank you for sharing that Sue, I love to see those signs coming to pass. Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Have a wonderful day, friend!
Love,
Holly

Roo said...

WOW!! is He creative or WHAT!
amazing....

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top