Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, November 7, 2011

The Real Moms Series ~ Lighten Up!





If you're stopping by because you heard me on STAR 105.7...
WELCOME!


Are there any other Moms out there that tends to forget to stop and have fun with her kids?

I've been guilty of this, I can get so caught up in my agenda and plan that I am wound up tighter than a drum.

This weekend I caught myself lecturing Lauren about picking up her toys. Again.

I didn't realize I was lecturing until I saw that look. You know the eyes glaze over and she's looking right through me oblivious to the words spilling out of my mouth.

It happens when I start to channel Charlie Brown's teacher and wah-wah-wah is all she hears.

When I realized what was happening I thought to myself- stop!
This is not working.

Lighten up!

I had a great opportunity later in the afternoon while making cookies.

While my Kithchen Aid mixer was hard at work...
Brief break here to say that Kitchen Aid mixer's are a gift from God.

So it was mixing away and I accidently dropped a whole egg into the batter. Yes, shells and all. Instantly ruining said batter.

Lauren's eyes got big as saucers (which is no small feat for tiny almond shaped eyes) and she braced herself for what could be an explosive response from me.

BUT...I had chosen to lighten up.
So I looked at the mess and....laughed.

I even turned the mixer on higher just see what a mess we could make.

When Lauren realized that I wasn't going to be all upset about it, she cracked up. Pun totally intended.

We both had a good laugh.
Just making the choice to lighten up changed everything.

So Moms, lighten up! It will bless you and your kids.

Proverbs 17:22 says:
"A cheerful heart is good medicine,but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength."



The "Real Moms of West Michigan" airs Tuesday mornings at 7:05 AM EST.

If you are not in the West Michigan area, you can listen online at iHeart Radio:
STAR 105.7

And visit Tommy and Brook at:

STAR 105.7 on the web

STAR 105.7 on Facebook
@TommyAndBrook on Twitter

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top