Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No Full Length Mirrors Please!!

Photobucket




Let’s take a look in the mirror girls.

No, not the bathroom one and heavens no, not the full length one!

Those are straight from the pit, I'm just sure of it!

We see that one all the time and work pretty hard to change that reflection, or at least we think about how much we wish that image would change…and then have a little more chocolate (or is that just me…).

But I’m talking about the mirror we look into that reflects our hearts. Truth be told, we probably worry a lot more about the other mirrors. I can become obsessed with the size of my jeans but not think one bit about the fact that I’ve become a real …shall we say…”witch” to my husband.

~big sigh~

God’s given us such a high calling as wives, and how often do I throw that calling under the bus for things that seem more important to me at the time.

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a companion who will help him." NLT

Every translation I look at describes the woman as a “help, helper or help meet” to her husband.

Sometimes I forget that, tell me I’m not alone girls…


Our God created us to be a helper to our husband and when I look at myself in that mirror I fall really short sometime. We can get so busy balancing life, like one of those circus clowns spinning plates all over the place, that we completely forget we were created with a purpose in our marriage.

But, if God’s called us to do it, He will equip us for it. Sometimes we have to ask ourselves if we’ve purposed in our hearts to be his helper.

What ways can we be a better helper?

What about encourager?

Yes, I hear you over there screaming at me (you aren’t the first and won’t be the last) “but I have needs too!! I could use some help and encouragement once in a awhile!”


Yes, you are right, but it does not say that our husband was created to be our helper or to fill that need.

Who is our helper?

Psalms 121:1-2
I look up to the mountains--
does my help come from there?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
who made the heavens and the earth!
NLT

Psalms 54:4
But God is my helper.
The Lord is the one who keeps me alive!
NLT

Hebrews 13:6
That is why we can say with confidence
"The Lord is my helper, so I will not be afraid.
NLT

It is wonderful when a married couple work together as one and are focused on meeting each other’s needs, but what does a wife do when that doesn’t happen?

Give up- quit and figure that God doesn’t want you happy??? NO!

My advice is to follow the Lord for your own life and hide yourself in God who will pour Himself into you as you depend on Him.



He WILL bring you peace, joy, hope all the things you so desperately need.

Let God be your all in all.

In doing so, you will become a better wife and mom -and face it-much stronger woman of faith!
I have watched many marriages heal and get stronger when the wife looks to God for her love and acceptance. Suddenly the man sees the wife as someone who is not disappointed with him, but is happy and complete and she becomes more appealing to him than ever.


I'm praying for our marriages!
Sue

After leaving a comment, go check this great post that Kristine wrote after reading this one:
Kristine at Escaping the Cauldron

3 comments:

Sandy VdR said...

So much truth...a timely reminder...thanks!

Praise and Coffee said...

FYI...ladies if you left a comment here and it's gone, I'm so sorry but we've been working on my site and that was the casuality of getting things worked out.
Shouldn't happen again!
Thanks for your understanding :)

Mary Lou said...

You hit the target so much...thanks. You do so much for marriages, may He bless yours today, far more than we can ask or imagine.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top