Whether you consider yourself to be in a good marriage
or a bad marriage,
it can always be better!
Tips for a Better Marriage
1. Communicate. Talk…take the time to talk to one another without complaining or blaming your spouse.
2. Listen to what your spouse says…with more than ears. Watch their expressions and body language, it may say more than words.
3. Respect each other’s differences. God made us individuals- and we should be thankful for that. Chances are you found some of these differences endearing before you were married. Appreciate the person God made your spouse to be.
4. Just plain respect each other! All of us have a deep need to feel loved, appreciated and respected. If you feel your spouse is completely undeserving of respect, chances are you have some bitterness in your heart that needs to be dealt with. Forgive your spouse and choose to respect them, it WILL change your whole relationship!
5. Publically praise and respect your spouse. If we are not each other’s biggest fan, who will be…could be the wrong person.
Avoid ever making jokes at the expense of your spouse!!!! You two are ONE, you are tearing your own self down when you make fun of them.
37 Jesus replied, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. The second most important is similar: 'Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself.'
6. Respect your financial situation. Times are tough for many folks these days. Make sure you and your spouse are on the same page with spending. NO sneaky spending sprees ladies!!
7. Make fun! Have a sense of humor. Play together, laugh together! When was the last time you shared a laugh with your spouse?
8. Make love! Develop intimacy. Ask your spouse what they really wants but may be afraid to ask! Be willing to be each other’s fantasy, get over your insecurities…you’re married- this is what it’s for!
Your marriage was meant to be a good thing! If it's not, YOU can be a huge part of changing that. Don't wait for your spouse to change, look in the mirror and see what you can change to have a better, strong and more fulfilling marriage!
I'm praying for our marriages,