Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Praise and Coffee Girlfriend's Night Out!

One coming to a town near you!

I've been thinking and praying about how to better encourage women as wives, moms and women of God.

There are many different ways to help us in our walk with the Lord. Things like family time, church involvement, Bible study (personal and as a group), times of serving our “neighbors” and fellowship to name a few. All are vital to our walk with the Lord.


I wanted to focus on fellowship and encouragment. Getting women together outside of the 4 walls of the church...
rubbing elbows, hugging necks, telling our stories, laughing and even crying together.


We are relational! And with that in mind, together with my affection for coffee and coffee shops....I came up with the idea of Praise and Coffee Nights.

I talked with the owner of a local coffee shop (that is only open daytime hours) and she agreed to open in the evening for a Praise and Coffee Night Out! They offer specialty coffees (decaf for me that time of night) and other refreshments along with plenty of sweet goodies to keep us all happy.

I would love to have you all come out to my group (jump on a plane if you have to!) but if that is not possible for you, then I think it would be great if you start Praise and Coffee nights in your community.

Just invite some girl friends out once every couple of months to a local restaurant or coffee shop and go from there! If they let you, play praise music for some great atmosphere and fellowship.


My nest Praise and Coffee Night Out will be on:

Thursday, January 15, 2009
At The Plainwell Coffee Mill
717 E. Bridge St. Plainwell, MI 49080 MAP
7-9 PM

There will be coffee, refreshments and sweet treats all available for purchase.

I will be speaking on "Never Stop Dancing"

You are all invited, even you lurkers who read but never comment on my blog! :)

Praise and Coffee Nights Schedule

November 13, 2008
7-9 PM
Tim Horton’s
4140 W Vienna Rd, Clio, MI
Hosted by: Hope at Monkey Giggles (I will be attending and sharing a few words of encouragement)

November 20, 2008
7-9 PM
The Plainwell Coffee Mill
717 E. Bridge St. Plainwell, MI 49080
Hosted by: (me) Sue at Praise and Coffee

November 20, 2008
7-9 PM
Panera Bread

Pembroke Pines 11029 Pines Boulevard

Pembroke Pines, FL 33026

Hosted by: Melissa at Mel’s World

January 15, 2009
7-9 PM
The Plainwell Coffee Mill
717 E. Bridge St. Plainwell, MI 49080
Hosted by: (me) Sue at Praise and Coffee


Let me know if you plan to host one in your area. I will post it and if possible, I will come!



Eccl. 4: 9-10 (Message)
It's better to have a partner than go it alone.

Share the work, share the wealth.
And if one falls down, the other helps,

But if there's no one to help, tough!

Let me know if you are starting one in your area and I will advertise it too!!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue,

Mapquest tells me that it is a mere 570.35 miles from my door to you.

But what is that between good friends...and a little praise and coffee!!

A girl can dream, can't she?

Blessings,
Dori

Praise and Coffee said...

Oh Dori, I wish you could come! I'd love to hug your neck! :)

beckyjomama said...

Hi! This sounds GREAT!!! Where in MI are ya? Cause I would love to come and meet ya!

XOXOXOXOX
Becky JO

Praise and Coffee said...

Hi Becky,
Ooops, just realized I didn't add the city...so I did.
The coffee shop is in Plainwell, MI. It's just north of Kalamazoo.

I would love to meet you!

Praise and Coffee said...

This was emailed to me...I wanted to post it to encourage you lurkers! Thanks Margaret!!


Sue,

How I would love to come! However, since I am several states away in NC that probably will not work. I live in a small town that doesn't even have a coffee shop like this. Only a small one downtown but not open in the evening and not super friendly so I don't think they would open for us. It’s my dream to open one! Honestly, if I could I think the best name ever for one is "Praise & Coffee"! How did you come up with that? It’s great!

I am certain you all will have a great time! And, yes I am just usually a lurker as you mentioned, but read your blog daily and find such inspiration in it. So, I thought I would email you since I could not get my message to post on your blog, and quit being such a lurker! Off to pour another cup of coffee…..

Sweet Blessings,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Hey that sounds like fun! It's a tad far but I would love to hear how it goes. Thanks for starting up such a unique idea.

Dionna said...

Ohhhh! (whining a litle) I wish I could come and meet you in person! Even if I don't like coffee... :)

Praise and Coffee said...

Dionna,
I know you love cocoa though and they have that!!
Sure wish you could come too.

concerned parent said...

I get more excited about this each time I think about how God is putting this together for us women.
Looking forward to seeing each of the women that the Lord leads to come.

Growing Believer said...

Would love to join you in MI, but since its a bit far for this Hoosier, I would love to put a shout out there to any Praise & Coffee readers in Indiana that would like to have a Praise & Coffee night! Let's get together!

Karen Hossink said...

OK, if my hubby agress to it, I'M COMING!!!!!
I even just wrote it on my calendar...This would be so fun. *grin*

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I wish I lived near you! That sounds like such a great idea.

Xandra

Praise and Coffee said...

Amen Growing Believer!

Karen, YAY!!! That would be awesome!!!

Xandra,
I wish you did too!

Susan Skitt said...

Oh how I would love to come, but alas, that would be one expensive cup of coffee traveling from PA!

Have a great time!

A Stone Gatherer said...

What a great idea! I will try make the plainwell one even though it will be a little drive! Were you planning on doing anything special too!

Proud Parents of 4 said...

I LOVE this idea Sue - very creative! Thank you for sharing this lovely idea - my brain is spinning already with ideas for starting one in our area! Best wishes for your November get together!

In Christ,
Rachel

Praise and Coffee said...

Awesome Rachel,
Keep me updated!

Zaankali said...

I am so excited. I am going to try make this happen and I am hoping we can get a bunch of us ladies from lighthouse to car pool down together. I already seen Kim reply that she would like to. I am guessing that Mari, Cherri, and Teri might be game also. Those sisters are always up for fun. LOL!
Thank you for doing this!
Smiles!

Praise and Coffee said...

Jennifer, that is awesome I hope you can come, I can't wait to meet all!

Anonymous said...

Sue, that sounds great I may be there also:) May I bring some of my women from Redemption Riders?

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I could join you! I'm still here in Australia. I'll be thinking of you back home. My sister-in-law lives in Plainwell and my mother in Wayland...so, I told them about the fun!

I have been to the Plainwell Coffee Mill. It is lovely inside. My grandparents lived in Plainwell when I was growing up, so I used to pass it often and wonder what that building was...now it is a great little coffee shop.

Please, please, please post pictures! And, maybe one day when I am back in America, I can join you for a cuppa there!

Cheers,
Deborah

Praise and Coffee said...

Deb,
Of course, just let me know how many!!

Deborah,
We will be thinking of you! Hope your Mom and sister-in-law can come!

Anonymous said...

I'm Debb's sister-in-law, Colleen. I live just a few miles from Plainwell Coffee Mill. I'm a frequent visitor to their drive-through when I'm on my way to town. Sounds like fun. I'll try to make it.

happyhome said...

Wish I could come and meet both you and Karen in person! What fun that would be. Be sure to update us on how things go at your first get together.

Anonymous said...

How fun!
I wish that I lived close by...

Quiltingranny said...

Sue:
Our ladies group is having a Tea & Chocolate night tomorrow evening. If anyone would like to attend, please come one and all. We are providing chocolate desserts and all we ask is that you bring your favorite tea or coffee cup.
Cornerstone Christian Church located at 2008 Sumner Avenue in Aberdeen, Washington. It begins at 7:00 p.m. & I would be blessed to meet someone new!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

I thought about DRIVING, but being that MapQuest said this;
Trip distance: 1437.65 miles Time: 21 hrs 45 mins
I decided it would be in my best interest to host my own Praise and Coffee night here in Sunny South Florida (which, you are more than welcome to come and host if you want...hint hint!).

Looking at dates RIGHT NOW!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

The Lord is good! I will be in Michigan Nov 13 - Dec 7! Meaning, I will be able to attend your Praise and Coffee night! Hooray! All the way from Queensland, Australia! It's just how the Lord worked out the timing for a visit home to family and friends. Lord willing, I will be visiting friends in Florida this trip, too! I must mark my calendar and bring my mother and sister-in-law with me!

Praise Jesus!
Deborah @ Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Angela Baylis said...

I work in Troy, Michigan until 6:00, but some days I get out earlier. I won't know until the same day. I'll have the directions with me. I'll leave it up to God. If He wants me there, He'll make it happen! I hope He does! This is SO cool!!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! I am having a "Princess Party" for God's girls this Saturday! And I will present the invite to the first "Praise and Coffee Girlfriends Night Out!" in the Oklahoma City area.

Praise and Coffee said...

Star, Yay!!!
Send me the details, where-when-who to contact and I will post it on this post.

I sure wish I could come. Someday I will be able to jump on a plane and attend :)

Ronel said...

I have been in the brainstorming process for a while about moving my mom's small group to a coffee shop for sometime and just haven't made any moves.... after reading this post I have decided to approach a Christian Coffee House in San Diego, CA to work with them to host a Praise and Coffee Night!! Thank you!! Thank you!! I will let you know how things work out!!
Ronel :)

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Praise and Coffee looks like such a great time. I live in Brooksville, FL and wish there was one near me. Let's pray for that in the near future. Loved the smilebox slideshow!
GBU! Judy

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top