Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Like What Oprah Said

Last night as I spilled into my bed at a ridiculously early hour, I channel surfed across Piers Morgan interviewing Oprah.

I was excited because I am fascinated by Oprah.
The woman has a gift.
She knows how to get people talking and then compell them to start DO-ing.

She uses her influence to help others and I believe...though I may not agree with her all of her "beliefs" (but I probably don't agree with all of ANYONE's beliefs)...that she wants to provoke positive change in this world.

How can we not respect that about her?



I was struck by something she said. Piers asked her what her 'brand' is and she responded, "love, my brand is love."

Right there is the key to her incredible success. She loves people.

Of course we know this is not original to her, we find it here first:

Matthew 22:37-40 (The Message Bible)
Jesus said, " 'Love the Lord your God
with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'
This is the most important, the first on any list.
But there is a second to set alongside it:
'Love others as well as you love yourself.'
These two commands are pegs;
everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Sure, we could all get hung up arguing about the dangers of Oprah's new age thinking, but I believe we can all agree that she's right on this one.

I like what she said, and I pray my brand would be love also. God's love.
Everything else hangs on that.



What say you?

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top